8011 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NC510C losing connection

ABT
Occasional Contributor

HP NC510C losing connection
Hi Guys, im having the same issue over and over again with his card NC510c. ive dropped down from 32 RAM to 24 and still no help. Ive opened a case iwth HP on it and no idueas either, this card is a real piece of work. any input id appreciate it. my card drops after 2 hours.
Chief Rocker
Occasional Advisor

OK...here is what I had to do:

1. drop the configuration to base - 8GB of RAM

2. Boot in safe-mode with networking support. If you boot without networking support, Windows can't see the card.

3. Run the firmware update utility.

This was for the NC375i, but assume the same process will work for the NC510C
ABT
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Ill try anything to fix this crap!
i put in a change control and going to do it now.. and let you know.
This is my Backup server, ive lost over 10 TB of backups because of this crap!
when you say FW update, which FW nd How?
ABT
Occasional Contributor

per HP just now...

refer to KB945977

The problem may be the result of combining the NIC driver, and the TCP Chimney feature that comes with the Scalable Networking Pack, which is included in Windows 2003 SP2.

The TCP Chimney feature is a stateful offload that is enabled to be the default in Windows Server 2003 Scalable networking Pack. TCP Chimney offload enables TCP/IP processing to be offloaded to network adapters that can handle the TCP/IP processing in hardware.

With TCP Chimney feature, some NIC driver cause high NonPaged pool usage. The tag is MmCm.

Once there is less than 30MB of available non paged pool memory, HTTP.sys starts rejecting connections.

Contact the NIC manufacture to upgrade the NIC driver to the latest version. If the latest driver still does not resolve the issue, use the workaround below.

Workaround:

Disable the TCP Chimney feature on the server using the Netsh.exe tool. Specifically, to turn off TCP Chimney by using the Netsh.exe tool, we followed these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

2. At the command prompt, type:

Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED

3. Press the ENTER key.

For more information on the TCP Chimney feature and the Scalable Networking Pack,
see the following article:

912222 The Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Scalable Networking Pack release
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;912222 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;912222)

Query words: NetXtreme 2003 SP2 Scalable Networking Pack MmCm Tag TCP () Chimney () broadcom KB944011 944011
Marcus Daubaras

I know this is an old thread, but anyone getting the NetUserGetInfo:failed message should try to logon with a local account instead of a domain account. Worked for me.