1753760 Members
4809 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProCurve 2910al-24G-PoE and Mitel Controller

Ztech

HP ProCurve 2910al-24G-PoE and Mitel Controller

Hi,

I am having issue accessing the mitel controller from the Data Vlan.I cant ping any devices in the Voice VLAN from the Data Vlan.I am able to access the Voice VLAN ip address forom the Data Vlan. I have attched the current config details.

When I change the Mitel Controller port to untagged in the voice Vlan, I can access the mitel controller from the data network,but the phones stops communication with the Mitel Controller.Phones Displays "Option 128 is missing".The DHCP server for the phones is the mitel Controller.

Any suggestions..?
2 REPLIES 2
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Keep the controller untagged in the Voice vlan, under the voice vlan context issue the command "voice" this should enable LLDP-MED for the phones to detect the voice vlan.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

The option that you are missing needs to exist on the DCHP server for your data VLAN.
The way it works is the phone boots on the untagged vlan and gets the necessary information from the DHCP server that it needs to know.
The two important bits are, what the VLAN ID of the voice vlan is and the address of the Mitel controller.
Once it has this information it reboots with the voice vlan tagged on it's interface and get's it's IP from the DHCP server on that VLAN.