108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProCurve WARRANTY

SOLVED
Go to solution
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

HP ProCurve WARRANTY

We bought a set of 4108GL series switches and one of them failed (random restarts) after 3 years of 24/7 excellent service. I susupect the chassis or the power supply is the culprit.

However, we can't seem to find the recipes in due time for us to quickly change the chassis/power supply by benefitting form HP lifetime warranty - so I can't identify the firm that sold us the equipment that failed. If any other switch of this generation fails, then I'll be COOKED since I have no more spare 4108GL chassis.

I know the HP serial number of the chassis: SG31000520 and it was installed in field and working since 3rd May 2003, and it was purchased somewhere between 2001 and May 2003.

Is there a way for the ProCurve Networking Division of HP to tell me the final reseller that we purchased the equipment from - so I can easily find the receipt and convince them to change it as per HP warranty statement? Maybe an on-line secure application of HP makes this possible? Maybe HP Romania can help?

Thank you very much.
1 REPLY 1
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP ProCurve WARRANTY

Have you spoken to HP support about it yet? They're usually fairly understanding and may not require the proof of purchase.