New Discussion юеВ

HP ProCurve manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Re: HP ProCurve manager

willinfo:

1) If you are using PCM 2.2, and you need to go to PCM 2.3, then please check this
http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/j8991-b023.htm

You need to download the software from above and install using the "install.exe" from the zip --> You cannot do this via already running PCM GUI!
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

once you are in PCM 2.3 as above, then you can install the autoupdates via PCM GUI as mentioned by Cenk.
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

===

http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/j8991-b023.htm

==============

Coming to your question:
---------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how to configure SNMP settings on the switchs and/or on the PCM software.

On PCM when I try to enter to the device access :

Device is unreachable. Please check the following :
---------------------------------------------------------

AFAIK, ProCurve switches come with the default factory setting of SNMP credentials as "public" ( for read) and "public" for write.

So unless that has been modified in your switches sometime, you can provide this as the SNMP credentials to PCM as well via the "Device Manager>Communication parameters in PCM" wizard.

However since you say that from PCM windows server, you are not able to do a simple ping to the switch itself, I think PCM CANNOT talk to the device in first place!

So you need to either install PCM in a windows machine from which the switches are pingable at the minimum or adjust the network routes so that you can ping from the windows machine where PCM is installed currently -- unless this is sorted out PCM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TALK to your SWITCH for MANAGING!

Javed
willinfo
Frequent Advisor

I don't want to install PCM 2.3 unless it's necessary ?
If it's necessary that you advice to me, I have to install PCM-Software-022322 ?
I have th PCM 2.2 but you think that I have to install the 2.3 ?
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

please read be carefully

pcm 022322 file update 2_2 pcm version

new procurve switch have some isssue pcm 2_2

for example
2610 dedecting pcm needed pcm 2_3 update 8

there fore you make firstly complate all pcm update
cenk

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

some new procurve device and other producer device for PCM dedecting issue many pcm update your pcm version old there fore you carry last update pcm server
cenk

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

please read pcm enhancments updates this guide

http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/PCM23_u9a-Release-Notes-0309.pdf
cenk

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

It's my switchs hp procurve 2500 which cause problems, they are former switch. The others are all good. I will execute the setupe.exe of PCM-Software-022322.zip, and retry to update with the zip in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\server\data\
download\autoupdate.

I will inform you when it will be made.
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

willinfo:

>>I have th PCM 2.2 but you think that I have to install the 2.3 ?

Of course PCM 2.3 offers better device support ( ProCurve Wireless Access Point 10ag for example) but I think going by the problem you describe (majority of switches in your network showing RED in PCM) its more of a network setup issue rather than PCM version.

As I mentioned do resolve the connectivity issue from PCM windows machine to the switches first.

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

you said " its more of a network setup issue rather than PCM version. "

why I have to install a PCM version superior ? I don't understand what you expect from me.