108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Procurve 2610-24 stuck on test LED, no networking

SOLVED
Go to solution
nmcain
Advisor

It freezes on the text 'initializing' in the console, and the following lights remain on on the front:

POE is solid green

FAN is solid green

Test is solid gree

ACT is solid green

I can't seem to find any information on this light sequence, so it seems to be frozen in the test. Is there any way to disable the testing from either the bench console or the rom console?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

This seems a hardware failure, request to replace the switch.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
nmcain
Advisor

This thing is 14 years old, packaging is long lost, can it be sent back in the box that the replacement comes in?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please share device serial number so I will check warranty status.

If feasible then share sno. here or in a private message.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
nmcain
Advisor

Thanks! the serial is confidential info erased, the warranty check site says its until the year 2108, not sure if that is real or not.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, this device covers under part exchange warranty and valid till 2108-01-06.

Please log a case with support. for replacement of the switch:

Log a case on HPE Support Center portal for further resolution using the link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/

Thanks!

nmcain
Advisor

Thank you, I will. Will they send me a box to return this unit in? I do not have the original packaging, and i see the RMA terms require that.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

I believe original packaging is not required. This switch has lifetime warranty and its difficult to keep it for long time but support is the one who can confirm this with supply chain.

You will get a new switch with return label. You can ship back the faulty switch after replacement.

Thanks!

nmcain
Advisor

Awesome thanks! Will there be any fees with the RMA, like stocking prices etc or is that covered by the warranty?

akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

As I know, RMA will be covered under warranty.

Thanks!