Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752579 Members
3321 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Procurve 2650 remote management across subnets

EvilPeppard

HP Procurve 2650 remote management across subnets

I have 3 new HP 2650s I just bought. I deployed one at our Corporate Office (where I am) and 2 others to our CA office that I have on a different subnet.

I can ping the server, but cannot get the HP Top Tools admin program to see the switches. I try doing a discovery, but it appears it cannot get information across the different subnets. Is there some way around this or a setting I need to enable? I can Telnet to the switch, but that kind of defeats the use of the HP Top Tools software where I can see live data and graphical information on the switches.

Thanks for any help or direction.
5 REPLIES 5
EvilPeppard

Re: HP Procurve 2650 remote management across subnets

I found that I can use a web browser and attach directly to the unit, intead of trying to use the HP Top Tools software.

Basically I type in http://x.x.x.x and I can access the unit. :)
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

There is a newer software called Procurve Manager. If you decide to try it, let us know if you think it's a better software or not. ;)
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
EvilPeppard

Where can I download the Procurve Manger? I would be willing to try it.
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Try this:

http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/network_management.htm
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
EvilPeppard

Cool. I'm downloading it now. Can I use this in place of the HP Top Tools?