1753326 Members
4808 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Procurve Learning

Joe Jones_2
Occasional Contributor

HP Procurve Learning

I work for a non profit organization that uses HP Procurve Switches, 2800 series and 2500 series. I do not get a budget for training so I can not go to the HP training courses. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what I should do to learn this stuff.

I was thinking of just purchasing a HP switch and dl the manual off here. Would that work for the most part? And if so which switch would be good to purchase, keep in mind the series I will be working with.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks
Shit happens get over it
4 REPLIES 4
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Procurve Learning

I think the training course is less expensive than the HP switch. Do you have any experience in networking, or related training? Have you previously worked with other types of LAN equipment?
Joe Jones_2
Occasional Contributor

Yeah thats true! LOL But they would have to pay for my leave time, hotel, food, and all. That is unless I took time off to do it and payed for it out of my own pocket.

I have worked with this network for 2 years now and I just found out that I want to work with and as a network engineer in the future. So I am on that path right now. I have worked with a CISCO switch just enought to be dangerous and the same goes with CISCO router. I have worked with SOHO but thats different.

Hope this helps. Like I said, I am just now trying to get into this field. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks.
Shit happens get over it
Joe Jones_2
Occasional Contributor

One other thing, I cant really take off work that long go to traing, since work wont help. So I guess I am willing to pay for a switch. But would it be helpful to me or just a waste?

Thanks.
Shit happens get over it