5193 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Procurve Manager Plus features

UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

HP Procurve Manager Plus features

Hi,

We have a basic install of this software but are not really using it to its potential...

We have a lot of servers and were looking at things like Nagios, Cacti etc to monitor them, but it appears Procurve Manager has detected devices, so I was wondering if it could do more than simply up/down status polling, and if we could import MIBs etc??

Failing that is there any other product which cheaply replaces Procurve Manager but offers the same feature set (Configuring switches etc)...

Also how does Procurve Manager communicate with the switches? Is it via SNMP?

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Raghu H R

ProCurve manager is a very powerful tool which you can use for many other purpose. I would suggest you to look more details here

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18964-18964-427972-12931-4172290-3961207.html
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I can't say I'd recommend PCM as a real-time monitoring/alerting tool.
There are some things that it is good at and others, not so good and although I suspect that we're in the same boat as yourself in terms of not using it to it's potential, I can safely say it's one of the least intuitive systems I've used.
For communicating with the swtiches PCM uses a mixture of SNMP and SSH/Telnet depending on what it's doing.
I don't know of another product that's vastly superior to PCM in terms of switch configuration but dependant upon your needs creating your own SSH scripts can be very useful.