1753386 Members
5548 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP to Cisco with "guest" Vlan configuration

Doug Yoder
Occasional Visitor

HP to Cisco with "guest" Vlan configuration

Iâ ve been battling setting up a private and public â guestâ VLAN between a Cisco 2960G switch and a couple HP2526 switches. Attached are the current configs of those switches.

The rest of the storyâ ¦ I have several Cisco 2960G switches and the public and private VLANâ s are working great using VTP, but that is a proprietary protocol with Cisco switches so the HP switches basically donâ t see those VLANâ s hence the static VLAN configuration on the HP switches. The status right now is Iâ m getting DHCP but no other traffic through the Cisco switch (MDF-2960G) to the endpoint HP switch (IDF4-HP2524). Port 3 of the Cisco switch is connected to a public DMZ 2 interface on the firewall. The connections look like this from the edge in: IDF4-HP2524 (Port 7-9 are connected to Cisco 1130APâ s) Port 26 is connected to the MDF-HP2524 via fiber on Port 26, Port 23 of that switch is connected to Port 23 on the MDF-2960G switch, and Port 3 is connected to a dedicated interface on the Firewall (DMZ 2).

Iâ ve gone cross-eyed looking at these configs and trying this and that, so my guess is the solution is simple I just canâ t see it given my limited vision. Any help troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Doug
1 REPLY 1
Doug Yoder
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP to Cisco with "guest" Vlan configuration

----Cleaned up version of my posting----
I've been battling setting up a private and public (guest) VLAN between a Cisco 2960G switch and a couple HP2526 switches. Attached are the current configs of those switches.

The rest of the story: I have several Cisco 2960G switches and the public and private VLANs are working great using VTP, but that is a proprietary protocol with Cisco switches so the HP switches basically don't see those VLANs hence the static VLAN configuration on the HP switches. The status right now is I'm getting DHCP but no other traffic through the Cisco switch (MDF-2960G) to the endpoint HP switch (IDF4-HP2524). Port 3 of the Cisco switch is connected to a public DMZ 2 interface on the firewall. The connections look like this from the edge in: IDF4-HP2524 (Port 7-9 are connected to Cisco 1130AP's) Port 26 is connected to the MDF-HP2524 via fiber on Port 26, Port 23 of that switch is connected to Port 23 on the MDF-2960G switch, and Port 3 is connected to a dedicated interface on the Firewall (DMZ 2).

I've gone cross-eyed looking at these configs and trying this and that, so my guess is the solution is simple I just can't see it given my limited vision. Any help troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Doug