108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP0-207 vs HP0-Y20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mauro Furini
Frequent Advisor

HP0-207 vs HP0-Y20

Hi all, hope this is not the wrong section...
There are some differences between the two exams in object?
Thank's in advance
6 REPLIES 6
RicN
Valued Contributor

Which exams is this, for which course/courses?
Mauro Furini
Frequent Advisor

Ops, sry..

They are the exams for the AIS certification with the Procurve product. More precisely, are the "Procurve Adaptive EDGE Fundamentals" exam.
But the HP0-207 is the older version of the exam, valid until May 2009, HP0-Y20 instead is the new version.
I have followed the older training in HP, but at today, i would try the new exam...
Someone knows any difference?
RicN
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello,

I have not done the new AIS certification, just the old, but I have compared the older AEF course 6.11 with the new 8.41 that came recently, and I would say that the only mayor differences in the course is the WLAN module which is rewritten.

The old AP420 is removed and so is the Access Controller 740 (or whatever it was). The chapter now focuses on the AP530 and the WES ZL module.

However, it is hard to say how much of the questions that have been updated. My best tips is to do some reading on the 530 and basic WES configuration, like RADIO vlan management and similar.

Mauro Furini
Frequent Advisor

Ok many thanks! :)
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

another primary difference, the old course/test focused on 5300 platform, new course/test focus's on 5400...

there are some changes in what features are enabled by default from old-to-new...

btw, most procurve tests have an "exam prep guide" available, that has info such as how many questions on the test, how much time to take the test, what the passing score is, and appx 20 sample test questions - not the same q's as on the test...you can find these on the procurve training site, where the info about certifications is detailed...

hth...jeff
RicN
Valued Contributor

>Ok many thanks! :)

Good luck with your test and do not forget to assign points to posts that helped you. :)