Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP2848 & DL380 with W2K3 & Ex2K3 Packetloss

john_1114
Advisor

HP2848 & DL380 with W2K3 & Ex2K3 Packetloss

I am experiencing problems with packetloss specifically with my connection from my HP2848 and HP DL380 server with windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 on it. The switch is version I.08.62, ROM I.08.05, and I have updated the NIC driver to the max. I have tried a different port on the switch, but each time I get the same problem, I have tried statically mapping each to have 1000 FDX at switch and server, also 100 FDX, also 10 FDX. Out of the three settings I experience the least amount of packet loss when the server and switch are set to 10 Full Duplex, but, I still get packet loss. Oh yeah, I have also tried swapping cat 5 cables with no success, and I have also set the switch qos-passthrough-mode.
This is a major problem as each time the backup attempts to run connection is dropped at some point and do not get a complete backup. I have also tried not running the backup, but, I still get packetloss, so I ruled out it was the backup software (backup exec 9.1)
I urgently need this issue resloved.
I look forward to hearing from you soon
Thanks in advance
John
2 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: HP2848 & DL380 with W2K3 & Ex2K3 Packetloss

John
I don't know much about HP2848
What about DL380? Generation?
You use any Teaming (Ver)? NIC model?
There was some Issue with Packet lost if driver not up to date and Teaming Utility not the latest?

john_1114
Advisor

Re: HP2848 & DL380 with W2K3 & Ex2K3 Packetloss

Hi Kov,

to answer your questions

it is a DL380 G3

I did use teaming on the NICs initially, but experienced this problem, so, I took it down to one network card to eliviate that variable from the equation.

The NIC is a NC7781
Driver version 8.39.1.0 (21/07/2005)