New Discussion юеВ

HP2920 - Bad code in FLASH

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: HP2920 - Bad code in FLASH

Hallo @Transmitter 

Do I understand correctly that you are still unable to start the Console Download with =>do, even if you press the correct key?

I have no other ideas how this can be resolved. Maybe you can try to use a different Terminal Emulator. If you are using HyperTerminal now you can try with Tera Term Pro which also supports Xmodem transfers.

Maybe it would be good to see if the flash can display the content which is needed for booting. Change directory to the flash partition

=>cd cfa0

And try to list all the files and directories with ls or ll

=>ls

You should be able to see primary and secondary.swi images, boot.ini file, mgr.info, config files, crash files and many other files. If you cannot see anything there may be a problem with flash.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Transmitter
Occasional Advisor

Hello Alex,

even if the firewall is switched off, the Y appears on the prompt nor does another dialog open.

Transmitter
Occasional Advisor

Hi Emil,

yes you are understand correctly that I am still unable to start the Console Download with =>do, even if I press the correct key (y).

I used different Terminal Emulators already.  Neither putty nor Terra Team are able to start the download procedure.

If I chancge the directory by using =>cd cfa0 there aren't no primary and secondary *.swi images. That's why I can't select theses files in the as a boot profile.

By using =>cd cfa0 and the =>ls the return is:

boot.ini
ssh/
core/
rbtcnt
cfg/
crash/
iflags
ssl/
revCntHis
autorun/
mgrinfo.txt

No *.swi available = no boot. Right?

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hallo, 

Yes, it looks there are no SW images in flash. Here is what I see on a working switch. You are also missing some other files and folders. 

=>ls cfa0/
boot.ini
secondary.swi
primary.swi
ssh/
core/
rbtcnt
cfg/
crash/
dumpM1.cor
ssl/
revCntHis
autorun/
err_triage
tr69_db
stack.dat
tmp/
last_login
tr69_log
icl_log.txt.old
dump_1.cor
backup/
iflags
tr69_status
mgrinfo.txt

I think the best way to proceed would be to open a case with the support. Make sure that you provide a good summary with all your steps, screenshot of error messages and all your attempts to recover the switch. The switch has life time warranty.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Transmitter
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Finally there was no solution than sending the switch to HP.  I got a replacement device. Thank you very much to all the helpers.