1753952 Members
7771 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP3400 not really manageable?!

Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

Acording to the datasheets new series of the switches (build on provision asics) have

Switch CPU protection: provides automatic
protection against malicious network traffic
trying to shut down the switch
Mathias Sundman
Advisor

And? Are you saying that that might be the cause of my problems?

If so, how do I tell if it is that "feature" that is bugging me? There must be some kind of log or debugging command that can tell me if it's so, right?

I'm so tired of not beeing in control of my equipment! When I used linux machines todo my routing everything worked just perfect and if there ever was any problem I could debug it just as deep as it was necessary There must be some kind of debugging interface in these devices that I can use to profile the CPU utilization or monitor buffer levels to help me understand what the switch is so buzy with so it can┬┤t answer my management traffic.
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Well, if you're looking for alternatives, don't go with allied telesyn 9816GB or GFs...we decided to use a few of those to save on cost...and our video editing / photo editing labs now completely by pass that architecture becuase for whatever reason, a 19 meg file takes 4.5 minutes to load when it goes through that...grr