Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP4000M error in Procurve Manager

HP4000M error in Procurve Manager

We have multiple 4000M switches in our network. However, we only one that is giving us the following alert (which is being picked up by Procurve Manager):

Segment xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_port_xx has stopped receiving EASE trap pdus. Segment marked down

It is logging this message on virtually every port multiple times per minute. This switch is at the core of our network and connects to multiple routers/firewalls.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason
2 REPLIES
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP4000M error in Procurve Manager

Jason,

This error message is generated when an EASE sampler segment is configured to send EASE traps, has no outstanding PDUs and has not been heard from for a suspiciously long time.

Contact HP support and ask for the Traffic-patch. That wil fix your problem. It's not downloadable from the web.

If support does not know the patch I could send it to you. 580KB zippedfile (Just to play it safe ask HP for the patch, you never know what kind of SW you can get from unknown people on the web and I usually reject everything).

Third option give me your email address I'll forward that to the person at HP where I got the patch from and ask if he could be so kind to contact you.

Kind regards,

SCOOTER

Re: HP4000M error in Procurve Manager

The solution posted was exactly correct. I contact HP support and they emailed me a new version of trafficd.exe.

Thanks!

Jason