Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748021 Members
5068 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP4108GL & 2524 with PCM1.6plus

Frank Hülsbusch

HP4108GL & 2524 with PCM1.6plus

Iam a newby in HP-Networkproducts. But in my new Job if have to manage 3 HP4108GL-Switches and 10 2524-Switches with PCM1.6+ .

At first i disables CDP an enabled LLDP on all switches.

Then I installed PCM1.6+ on my ManagementPC. The 4108-switches seem to work correct. But the 2524-Switches are writing the following events in the PCM-Event-LOG:

"Sement - has stopped receiving EASE trap pdus. Segement marked down."

AND

"Extended RMON interface with network address and sampling entity 25 selected for segment '_port_25'; Extendes RMON data will be directed to host network interface of address '192.168.100.1'."

We use the 172.20.0.0 ClassB Networkaddress so 192.168.100.1 is not within our network?!?!?

Somebody some ideas?!?!??

Thank you!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

1- You should configure the Operator and Manager (or at least the manager) accounts on the Switches.

2- RMON is enabled on port 25 in one of the edge switches (2524), check it using Web Browser Interface.

3- I think one of the switches has been configured for SNMP-Server to 192.168.100.1 and its configured to be a Trap-Reciever, use the Menu in edge switches to check it out.
Or in the CLI use the command: show snmp-server to check that.

Don;t forget to assign points.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Frank Hülsbusch

Thank you very much for you fast repley!!!

I controlled the switch-settings again to reduce the risk of failures...

@1) The management PC is known by all
switches as Manager.

@2) Therse no point in the web-interface
where i can controll rmon-setting. also
in the CLI I can't find rmon settings...
sorry.... )-:

@3) All switch-configurations only know my
management-pc as trap-receiver.

Hope you have a second idea....
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi again

1- For RMON, its from the PCM+, Select the device in the Devices List then click the Launch RMON Manager icon in the toolbar.

The RMON Manager window will be displayed with a list of currently configured thresholds for the selected device.

2- For Trap Reciever, select Device Access â >Device Manager from the menu, then select the Trap Receivers tab.
This will show you the list of trap receivers configured for the device.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone