Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753916 Members
7854 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP5308xl 10.61 routing problems

Daniel Kulinski

HP5308xl 10.61 routing problems

After an uptime of about two weeks our 5308 will start to drop packets, especially on new connections. After a repeated attempt or two the new connection will be setup and it will work fine. This seems to happen mostly to TCP based services (HTTP, SSH, telnet). A reboot of the switch will keep the problem at bay for about 10 days and then it will slowly creep up again. Has anyone else ran into these same problems?
4 REPLIES 4
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Are you using sFlow to monitor this switch at all (Traffic Sampler in PCM+ for example)?

If you type 'show sflow all' it will tell you if it's enabled or not. If it is enabled, I would suggest you try stopping the sampling through whatever application it is that you are monitoring it with.

This has helped me on other 5300's and I'm wondering if you're seeing the same thing.

Matt

Daniel Kulinski

Sflow is indeed disabled. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep this in mind for the future.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

In that case, all I can think of opening a support call with HP. Is this problem new to E.10.61 or did you also see it on earlier version?

Before doing that, what I would recommend is capturing a 'show tech all' from the switch after the reboot, and another 'show tech all' when the problem is occurring.

Hopefully by comparing the two files it will give the support engineer some clues as to what's occurring.
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

P.M.S.Prakash has the same problem. Check his thread.