Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1745791 Members
4090 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 5130 Automatically synchronize the clock with a trusted time source on the network

moboter
Occasional Advisor

HPE 5130 Automatically synchronize the clock with a trusted time source on the network

i wanted to the implement this feature

but the problem i am facing is that I receive the attached messageMY SettingsMY Settingserror messageerror message

10 REPLIES 10
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 5130 Automatically synchronize the clock with a trusted time source on the network

Hi @moboter ,

I am not a big fan of GUI, but I can help you setting up DST in CLI. Which country is the switch in?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

-Alex-
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 5130 Automatically synchronize the clock with a trusted time source on the network

Hello moboter,

You have to set the first day and time e.g. for EST the daylight time starts on the second Sunday in March, at 2:00 a.m. EST and ends on the first Sunday in November, at 2:00 a.m. EDT.

So you have to enter the first day and time when the summer time starts in "from"and the date and time it ends in "to".

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

moboter
Occasional Advisor

Hello Ivan

Location is Germany

-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello moboter,

In Gemany it should be "from" on the last Sunday of March 02:00 and "to" the last Sunday of October 03:00. Please double check but I think this is the correct time of the time change.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

This configuration should work:

system-view
clock timezone CET add 01:00:00
clock summer-time CEST repeating 02:00:00 2014 March last Sunday 03:00:00 2014 October last Sunday  01:00:00
I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

moboter
Occasional Advisor

Hello Alex that works fine

another issue is that the synchronisation with the NTP Server clock is unsynchronizedunsynchronizedunsynchronized

moboter
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Ivan

do you also have a cli command to set the ntp server?

-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello Moboter,

It usually takes some time to sync so it may sync in few minutes or may try another server e.g. 134.130.5.17. Also you may try to ping the server or any other server  to be sure that the traffic from the switch is reaching the internet you should have gateway. 

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

moboter
Occasional Advisor

Ping from Switch to NTP server  is ok

Havent found where the GW can be specified in the gui

so I added a route to the ntp server

Clock status: remains unsynchronized however for a moment it display the correct time  in a separate window