7137 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE OfficeConnect 1950 IP Address

duncan9322
Occasional Advisor

HPE OfficeConnect 1950 IP Address

Hi all,

We have a HPE OfficeConnect 1950 12XGT 4SFP+ Switch (JH295A) Switch and I would like to change the VLAN that gets the IP address. THe switch is configure for VLANs 1,1001-1006. I would like the swtich to get its IP address from VLAN 1001.

As soon as I give the VLAN 1001 an IP address (DHCP or static) using the web interface the swtich disconnects. Checking the console it shows there is no IP address (at least on VLAN 1).

How can I do this?

TIA
Duncan

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Which interface you want to bind with VLAN 1001?

Can you please share the screenshots?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
duncan9322
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

For some reason that I cannot figure out it is now working as expected. I don't know what I did to get this to work. The Vlan1001 does appear automatically, after it has been set to get an IP address.

What I would like is that all the VLANs are tagged on a number of the ports. What seems to be happening is that the PVID port is untagged even when it is configured as a trunk VLAN.

Just looking at port 15 the configuration is:

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/15
port link-type trunk
port trunk permit vlan 1 1001 to 1006

The VLAN screen shows:

VLAN configurationVLAN configuration

Port 15 has the following.Port 15 configurationPort 15 configuration

What I might have done is to set the PVID to 1001.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

The PVID identifies the default VLAN of a port. Untagged packets are transmitted through the default VLAN.

When you configure the PVID on a port, follow these guidelines:

--An access or trunk port sends packets from the default VLAN untagged.
--A hybrid port can send packets from the default VLAN tagged or untagged.
--An access port can join only one VLAN. The VLAN to which the access port belongs is the PVID of the port.
--A trunk or hybrid port supports multiple VLANs and the PVID configuration.

Please floow User Guide from below link, it will be helful:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04657809

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
duncan9322
Occasional Advisor

Hi akg7

Thanks you, I'd already read the vlan section of the manual, several times and it could do with a rewrite. I need to set the port up as hybrid and mark all the ports as tagged.

I reckon that to get the vlan1001 to get an IP address I'd changed the PVID to 1001 and when the DHCP lease was renewed it received an IP and the vlan1 received a 169. IP address.

Thank you again.