Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752795 Members
5823 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1820 48G J9981A suspicious logs and stats. need help

SOLVED
Go to solution
dedeoglumrt
Collector

HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1820 48G J9981A suspicious logs and stats. need help

hi hp, in the screenshots below, do you think there is an anomaly about the reasons and log records of faulty incoming and outgoing packets and what are the reasons for these logs and errors?

I could not upload screenshots directly here. You can view the screenshots in the link below.
Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XBGx8r4RAqjUjmBOItc09t07wk-IVNH2?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES 4
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1820 48G J9981A suspicious logs and stats. need help

<deleted>

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

dedeoglumrt
Collector

i cant open this files my friend. can you give me a advice about my shared screen datas? i mean if there is a critical issue or not or some advice will help.

Thank you.

parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello, are you already running latest PT.02.11 on your HPE OfficeConnect 1820 (J9981A)? I don't see any particular Tx/Rx or Collision errors on the Port Summary Statistics screenshot ("w/o" means "without" so the meaning of errors Tx/Rx columns with non zero values is "without errors").

Edit: read this, it seems that a similar logged events were fixed by just upgrading a 1820 to PT.02.05 (now well superseeded by current software version). 

Edit: for current software version have a look here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
dedeoglumrt
Collector

Software Version PT.02.11 Operating System Linux 3.6.5

if w/o means without then no problem dude thanks for the info.

This is brand new switch for our company it work for 2 days then im monitoring the stats periodically if there is an anomally or not.

Also i upgradeed the firmwares before installing switch.

Thanks again.