2751 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Help with HP 2626 and HP 1800 Vlan's

Carlos Miguel Pároco
Occasional Contributor

Help with HP 2626 and HP 1800 Vlan's

Hello,
Iâ m a rookie in vlans and this is probably simple.

I have 2 HP procurve 2626, one in each building connected by optical fiber using port 26(Gb) and i want to create VLANs on both 2626.

I would like to have port trunking (On port 26 in each HP 2626) for all these Vlans over this fibre link.

On building - A - I have the server room, and on the port 25(Gb) is connected the unmanaged switch HP Procurve 2708 where all the 6 servers of the company are connected, and in the port 24 is connected to unmanaged switch HP Procurve 2708, and from this switch the router is connected to access to internet.

On building - A - i want to create this VLANs:
SERVERS
PRINTERS
ADMIN
COMERCIAL
WIFI

On building - B - a test server (Svr. N), on port 24 and on the port 25(Gb) is connected the HP Procurve 1800-24, and in the port 23 of the first HP Procurve 1800-24 is connected the second HP Procurve 1800-24.

On the building - B - i want to create this VLANs:
SERVERS
PRINTERS
COSTUMER SERVICES
ADMIN
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
WIFI

The VLANs SERVERS, PRINTERS, ADMIN, WIFI AND GUEST are the same in the two buildings, and any user in any VLAN (except the VLAN GUEST â Only internet) should be able to see any server, printer and be able to connect to the internet. The COSTUMER SERVICES VLAN SHOULD SEE ANY VLAN. The default gateway is the firewall address (192.168.1.1), and we have a DHCP SERVER. Some computers and all the 6 servers have static ipaddress.

Can someone give me an example of how to do this?

See in the attachment my network diagram: