Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752742 Members
5252 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Hewlett Packard Enterprise - COLD START ON THE DEVICE ERROR

Thomascript

Hewlett Packard Enterprise - COLD START ON THE DEVICE ERROR

Hello guys, I'm an intern in the Networking industry, and I've been assigned the task where I need to solve a following problem on the HPE platform. The problem occurs as follows: There are 12 Switches that are emitting the "Critico" sign, but all work correctly. My supervisor informed me that apparently the error occurs right after the Switch is restarted and cannot establish a connection to SNMP correctly. I'm not very experienced in infrastructure, all I know is this. Next, I'll leave the error message that appears to me in the dashboard.
Message DISPLAYED: COLD START ON THE DECIVE.
After that, I'm shown all the switches in the CRITICO state.
I would appreciate anyone who could help me with such a problem, I made my registration now, so I'm new here. Thanks for the attention

I'll leave a link, where I show the screen with the specific error, to make it easier to understand the event

link: https://prnt.sc/rvfo37

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Hewlett Packard Enterprise - COLD START ON THE DEVICE ERROR

Hello and welcome!

If the switches' uptimes (so their last reboot date/time) is compatible with the received traps I don't see an issue: it's normal to receive a Warning on the HPE IMC about a monitored switch that simply booted. Where is the issue? Alarms seem to refer to few days ago (end of March). If you don't want to receive those "Critical" alarms...you can eventually filter (filter=hide) them but I suggest you to not do that.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner