1753975 Members
7387 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

High Drops RX on uplinks

RobB_8
Advisor

High Drops RX on uplinks

I have a question regarding my network setup. I have a star network with a Procurve 6400 with 10GB modules as the core. I have 5 procurve 3400's, 2 for servers, and 3 for core switchs for workstations. All uplinked at 10gb. In the workstation closets I have several 2650's linked to the 3400's at 1gb. I also have a Mitel 3300 VoIP system running on a separate vlan on the network. I have RSTP running on the 6400 only. The problem is that I am seeing consistent and continual Drops on the uplink ports for all the 3400's and 2650's ranging from about 1/10000 to 1/100. I am not seeing significant drops or errors on any other ports.
Network monitoring tools seem to suggest that we are no where near capacity on the uplinks, so I am surprised to see such a high drop level. Any ideas or suggestions would be appeciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

Re: High Drops RX on uplinks

Hello,

I suggest that you contact HP support for this. To be prepared you can gather "show tech all" per switch.

Sietze
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

basic checks you've probably already done:
tested the patch cables?
dusted the GBIC ports?
reseated everything?
RF interference? (copper only)
verified cables, GBICs and couplers are all the same wavelength and mode?
sharp bends in cables?
clean and pure AC?
upgraded firmware?
verified the configurations?
blank and reload the configuration?
swapped the GBICs for known good?
swapped the switches between cabinets to see if the problem follows the switch?
tried different installation cables?

1% lost rate is interesting, but not significant; .01% is not worth spending any more time on. lost rates have a multiplicative effect, but are not really troublesome until above 1%
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Andr├й Beck
Honored Contributor

Hi Rob,

seems you have the same problem that we discussed (but did not come to a satisfactory solution) in the threadid 927869. High RX error rate on 3400cl 10G interfaces. Just to inform you that you're not alone ;)