7521 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to incorporate VLAN

SOLVED
Go to solution
stevo81989

How to incorporate VLAN

Ok, So I have never worked with HP equipment before, and so I have been struggling. With Cisco I would just simply create a trunk clear to the access point. I have done research and come up short on the switch. I even blocked my self out of it. So here is my scenerio:

Sonicwall
|
|
Netgear Switch
|
|
HP 2626 Switch
|
|
HP 2626 Switch
|
|
HP Access Point 420

On the sonicwall I have configured a subinterface (vlan 15)and on the switches I tried to do vlan 15 e23 (thats the uplink to the other switch) tagged. On the access point I setup a new ssid with vlan 15 tagged. I honestly have no idea what i am doing, but it didnt work. Can someone give me some simple configuration help? Als, the main network uses 192.168.0.0/16 on the regular vlan1. This is basically going to be a guest network.
4 REPLIES 4
Shadow13
Respected Contributor
Solution

for the link between switch the port will be tagged on the vlans you need except VLAN 1 keep it as untagged,

for the AP if you are using only 1 vlan then untag the port connected to it
stevo81989

ok, so the command would be:

vlan 1 untagged e 1-26
vlan 15 tagged e 23

Now I would do this for the uplinks on both swutches correct? So I would so this for the port going to the AP and the port going to the other hp switch. Then on the next switch it would be tagged on the uplink to the previous HP switch and the uplink to the netgear. Then on the netgear tagged to the HP and the sonicwall. Is that logic correct?
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes your logic is fine there. You've just got an extra character in your commands.
It's just:

"vlan 13 tag 23"
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

And by vlan 13 I meant "vlan 15" :)