Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back with a few syslog and PCM+ events log questions

Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

I'm back with a few syslog and PCM+ events log questions

First off, I've been gone so long I couldn't remember my logon. It's mapped to my old email. Looks like I have three different IDs, two for ITRC and some HP Passport thing. Is there any way to merge them all into one?

Second, I was surprised to see that I'm still listed in the top 10 considering how long I've been gone.

I'm trying to reduce some noise in my syslogs on PCM+ 3.2 and am turning to this forum for help. I've got a bunch of Xerox multifunction units that keep going to sleep and waking up. This causes the port to toggle and I get an off-line and on-line message in syslog. Any way to not have these log to syslog? Also, when the port toggles, I get several faults logged in PCM+ events, CRC, High collision, etc. This is something I should probably chase Xerox on but they've been giving me a run around.

Some other noise I'd like to get rid of is "updated time" mesages.

Lastly, I have a couple of 1800-8G (J9029A) switches that report bogus traffic, pegging the needle and logging to events. I'd like to get to the bottom of why.

Thanks
1 REPLY
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm back with a few syslog and PCM+ events log questions

nevermind