Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to seperate internet traffic on a specific VLAN (subnet)

I need to seperate internet traffic on a specific VLAN (subnet)

Hello all,
I have 2x 2824s that have a 10.115.150.x subnet and 2x 2650s that have 10.115.140.x subnet.
I currently us a T1 connection for all outbound traffic, bu I recently purchased a DSL that I want to use for web (internet) traffic only while keeping the T1 connection.

I want to reroute all 10.115.140.x clients to use the DSL connection when they are using the internet only! At the same time, I want to keep everything else the way it is.

Can someone tell me how I can do this? Let me know if you need more information.
3 REPLIES

Re: I need to seperate internet traffic on a specific VLAN (subnet)

Just as a recap.... I have devices on 10.115.140.x that I want their internet connection to be routed to 10.115.140.4, but for everything else, I want to have it routed to 10.115.150.100.
I also still want devices on the 10.115.140.x subnet to communicate with the 10.115.150.x subnet as well.

Right now... if I make my gateway 10.115.140.4 on a device, it hops to the IP, but then backtracks to 10.115.140.1.

I'm thinking that I need to tell me 10.115.140.x switches where to route internet traffic, but I'm not sure how to do this for 'just' web traffic.

Thanks!

After some more reading and researching, it looks like the HP switches are unable to route to a internet only connection and it seems that it is either an 'all or nothing' process when applying a route.

Anyone have any other ideas?
nunocosta75
Advisor

hi, try to configure a default-gateway in the switch for the internet after doing that you can use some acl´s to blokc the subnets that you dont want to access the internet.