cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP KVM and LDAP Authentication

Edward Sliman
Occasional Advisor

IP KVM and LDAP Authentication

have purchase the LDAP Authentication license and updated firmware on my 3x16 switch. I have configured the switch through the GUI interface and provided all the LDAP authentication needs. Using BASIC authentication, I am able to succesfully login to a switch, as well as prove that without authentication you cannot access the switch. My problem is when I turn to the Group Attribute query method. I try to login, but get a "Login Failure", Bad login, Reason: Bad Username or password.

So, Basic authentication works, but Group Attribute does not. I have created an OU called KVMLDAP, added a computer account for the KVM switch, matching its name, created a group called KVMAdministration, added the KVM account and my test account to the membership, and added the words "KVM Appliance Admin " to the Notes field in the group, and left the field in the setup at the default "Info". I have followed all that is printed in the documentation, but cannot get it working. Please help, as I have over 30 console switched and 900+ servers that I would like to integrate this with. Thanks
Ed