Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753808 Members
8230 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IPKVM, LDAP, "Authentication Server Errors"

Doug Horton

IPKVM, LDAP, "Authentication Server Errors"

We have an IPVKM 1x8 that has been working for months. It suddenly quit and wouldn't let anyone in. We had to reset the factory defaults. I am now trying to reconfigure LDAP (didn't have backup :-() and am getting "Login Failure Reason: Access cannot be granted due to Authentication Server errors." I did a network trace to capture the LDAP error "LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece."

I get this error even when using basic authentication.
2 REPLIES 2
Tor Vigesdal

Re: IPKVM, LDAP, "Authentication Server Errors"

I got the same, and the answer for me was to reboot the IPKVM everytime I made a change to the LDAP configuration.
Tor Vigesdal

Re: IPKVM, LDAP, "Authentication Server Errors"

Update: We keep loosing LDAP authentication every now and then, and we get the error above.

No changes have been made to the IPKVM, it seems the authentication simply "times out" at random interval.

Our internal IT FAQ now says to reboot the device whenever this happens.

HP; could you fix this bug please?

Rebooting the IPKVM device can of course be done by visiting the KVM console in the computer room. But it can also be done through the IP Console Viewer software, as it still allows you to login with the override admin account stored in the IPKVM. (Settings, Users, Override Admin)

To reboot you double-click your KVM switch, logon with override admin and go to Tools and click Reboot Console Switch.

TIP: It might be an idea to check STATUS page first to look for any active sessions. ;)