108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IPv6

SOLVED
Go to solution
mhenderson

IPv6

Hi

We have 2 5304xl cores with 20 2650 edge switches hanging off a port on each core.

We have just got a request to start testing IPv6 and wanted to know if there are any config examples or anyone had any experiences with IPv6.

Thanks
Martin
3 REPLIES 3
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: IPv6

It won't be possible on the 5300's, you will need at least 5400's which will support it at a future date:

* IPv6 ready: switch hardware is capable of supporting IPv6 host, routing, and filtering with the ProVision ASIC; IPv6 operation and deployment will be available when enabled via a software update at a later date.
mhenderson

Thanks for the quick reply, so if i read that correctly the 5304s will never support it?

ive just got 4 5406zl's which will do the job but only after the forth coming software update.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

I never like to say never, but in this case I think that would be accurate. I would say it's highly unlikely that the 5300 will ever support IPv6, most likely the hardware wasn't designed for it.

You will probably need to contact a local ProCurve representative to get an official word on this subject.