1752746 Members
4867 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inter VLAN Routing - Using Cisco 1841

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Inter VLAN Routing - Using Cisco 1841

I have setup VLAN between 8000M and 2510 switches and want to use a Cisco router (1841) to do inter VLAN routing between the 4 VLAN's.

Have done it on Cisco routers and switches but not on Cisco router and HP switches

Need pointers

regards
5 REPLIES 5
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

please read this case and be carefull config second

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/qu
estionanswer.do?threadId=1240414
cenk

aojea
Frequent Advisor

The only difference is that in Procurve the vlans ar tagged or untagged, and cisco uses the command "switchport access"

You need to configure subinterfaces in the cisco router, and configure every subinterface with an vlan with the command "encapsulation dot1Q XX".

Then, you have to tagg the port of the switch where that router interface is plugged with the command:

vlan XX tagged [Port]
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys. I did try it at the beginning of this year but it turns out that it cant work. May be it just me forgetting to put in a required command.

Does HP have any documents related to this i.e HP switch connected to Cisco router for inter VLAN routing ?Let me know.

Need to read up a bit more. Anyway, I got this work at the main campus however at the main campus a 4204vl doing the inter VLAN routing and the Cisco router for my WAN sites connect to just a VLAN. Works perfect

I want to implement the other solution at one of my remote site - I have setup VLAN between 8000M and 2510 switches and want to use a Cisco router (1841) to do inter VLAN routing between the 4 VLAN's. This is just in my test lab. Once all is good then will deploy.

thanks

regards
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Am attaching herewith a diagram and the current configuration of the two 2510-24. Couldn't get the configuration of the 8000M as it is too long. Anyway, have tested that VLAN are working fine. But just need the inter VLAN to work using the 1841. I haven't done any configuration yet on the Cisco 1841

regards
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

please send me 8000m switch config
cenk