Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter-Vlan routing via 4104gl

JCQuinn
Occasional Visitor

Inter-Vlan routing via 4104gl

Hi,
firstly forgive my ignorance to the Procurve world, my basic training has been on the cisco side. I have inherited an environment where by there are multiple 2800 edge switches and two core 4104 switches. I understand these 4100's have basic routing capabilities, my query is are thee capabilities sufficient to perform intervlan routing should it be implemented. I am currently attempting to go through documentation how ever I thought it may be worth throwing this up online should anyone know off the top of their head.
Thanks
2 REPLIES
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Re: Inter-Vlan routing via 4104gl

From memory the 4100's are able to perform inter-VLAN routing by enabling IP routing from the CLI or menu. A limited number of static routes are also supported.

Have a look at the product documentation, here is the latest version:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/AdvTraff-Oct2005-59908853-Chap07-IProuting.pdf

And the rest of the manuals can be found here:

http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/4108gl.htm
JCQuinn
Occasional Visitor

Re: Inter-Vlan routing via 4104gl

Thank you very much for your response Joel. From what I have read so far 16 static routes is the limit, 3 of which are currently in use.