3622 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ip host route table is nearing max capacity

Peter Anders├йn
Occasional Advisor

Ip host route table is nearing max capacity

Hi everybody.
We have 1 9315 and 1 2824 we route two neworks thru the 2824. When we have been running for a couple of minutes this entry appears in the eventlog of the 2824.
I have only found some information on HP sites and the only products the have specified how many host routes it can manage is the 2650 the spec is 128 host routes.
My question is what does it mean.
How can i prevent it HP talk about adding the net togheter it is not possible have only two c-net on different range and they are public.

Also how many host routes does 3400 support.

Could this be a loopback problem somewhere.

Thanks for your help
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Ip host route table is nearing max capacity

Hi Peter,

It doesn't sound like you're asking too much from these switches, as you suggested there might be a loop or some other problem.

Maybe if you can post a copy of your configurations and a network map it would help to understand. Otherwise you may just want to call procurve support directly.

FYI - the hardware host routing table numbers are:

26xx: 128 entries
28xx: 4K entries
34xx: 8K entries
4100gl: 2K entries
5300xl: 128K per module, System Total: 192K (These are HOST entries only)

Matt

Peter Anders├йn
Occasional Advisor

Re: Ip host route table is nearing max capacity

We have figured out the problem.
Do not route with internet traffic thru the smaller ones since there are more users visitng the pages on our web server farm then their is host route tables in the switches.
We changed it to 5300 series and now it is working.
Thanks for the data, the HP could not supply to us when i called support.
We also have a 9315 does this work in the same way by using host route tables to speed up routing packets and does anyone know what the host route table are on this Huge machine.

Thanks for your help
Peter