Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a secure connection between two 2524s possible?

Joe Brouillette
Occasional Contributor

Is a secure connection between two 2524s possible?

Hey all, I'm trying to setup a connection using two 2524 switches and I have a question regarding security. What I'm trying to do is setup a connection from Office A (which is secure) to IDF room B (which is not secure--there are other tenants) to Office C (which is secure). I don't need hardcore security but I do want to prevent someone from plugging a laptop into a patch panel port in the IDF room and being able to access anything in either office. I thought I had the answer with Port Security, Static Mode, Address Limit one and the MAC address of a device. Tested with a laptop and nope, traffic still gets through regardless of the MAC address of the device plugged into that port. Any other ideas on how to make it a little more secure?

Thanks,

Joe B
2 REPLIES
Joe Brouillette
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is a secure connection between two 2524s possible?

Yes? No? Maybe? (<-- not really a bump but close enough)

Thanks,

Joe B
EckerA
Respected Contributor

Re: Is a secure connection between two 2524s possible?

Hm,

i don't see how it can be done with the 2524 switches..
but of course with the help of other devices.. (for example LinuxPCs with iptables, routing on that PCs and a transportvlan between the two offices.)

hth
alex