Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752808 Members
6207 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Load Balancing 2 ASDL connections using 7102dl ?

Putto

Load Balancing 2 ASDL connections using 7102dl ?

Hi everyone,

I have a 7102dl with 2 x ADSL modules both connected to different ISP's. At the moment all traffic is Nated through module 1 and module 2 does pretty much nothing. I have read the load balancing configuration guides and its extremely confusing for my brain.....enough said. Was hoping somebody could give me a config example, or an idea where to start. I don't want to do anything complicated just share the traffic as evenly possible on both of the internet connections and thats it.

Thanks,

Mark
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Load Balancing 2 ASDL connections using 7102dl ?

With NAT it needs an ACL to match the incoming traffic and then to send it out an overload interface. This overload interface has to be one interface or another, it cannot be multiple interfaces on the same rule.

The best you can really do with this router is create two ACL's that halve your hosts, and then create two separate NAT overload policies. In essence, each group of clients use one ADSL interface each. There is no real load-sharing or redundancy though with this type of setup. Similar to if you had 2 routers on the one layer-2 network.

For proper load-sharing you need to use real IP addresses and not NAT (at least not on this product).

Putto

Re: Load Balancing 2 ASDL connections using 7102dl ?

Thanks Matt! That sounds like a good idea will give that a go.

Mark