New Discussion юеВ

Re: Login and Procurve Mgr Free Version

SOLVED
Go to solution
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

Login and Procurve Mgr Free Version

Hi Guys,

Need some quick advice, one of my guys has logged into our new HP Procurve 4208's and 2910's and setup operator passwords, now when we telnet to them they all prompt us to enter the password, which we do and we login, but now we are unable to configure anything? I think we need to login as the manager but we have never changed this password and also dont know how to login as the manager ? can someone please help ?

I'm also after some basic managment software, from what i understand i can get something called Procurve manger FREE Version, but cant find it on the web anywhere?

Can anyone point me in the right directions?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor
Solution

After logging in as operator level user, type 'enable', that will allow you to access the manager level.

prompt as operator looks like switch>
prompt at manager looks like switch#

you should also assign a password to the manager level user for security.

here is link to ProCurve manager: http://h10144.www1.hp.com/customercare/support/software/network_management.htm#31

also, here is link to CLI guide, although it has reference to Comwar5 (formerly H3C/3Com) and Cisco commands, it has a wealth of commands info that may help you :-)

http://h10144.www1.hp.com/docs/training/HP-Networking-and-Cisco-CLI-Reference-Guide_June_10_WW_Eng_ltr.pdf

hth...Jeff
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

Jeff,

Enable command worked - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

With regrds to teh software is it says that its a 60day trial, i'm looking for the basic free version.

Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

rogerp said "With regrds to the software is it says that its a 60day trial, i'm looking for the basic free version."

ProCurve Manager is built in 2 levels, basic and "plus". When you install PCM, it installs both features sets, after 60days, if you don't enter a "plus" license key, those features gray out, but base PCM still continues to operate.

You still need to register base PCM for it to continue after 60days, but that is free to reg and use.

hth...Jeff