Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753682 Members
5433 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

Jeff White_4

Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

I have the above router that I bought about three years ago. It is not wireless, but a cable router.

Well, after a major problem with my computer and the router being disconnected for a couple of months, iI am trying to open a port on it. My problem is that I keep getting it asking me for my username and password.

Here is where I hit my problem. I have tried admin for the username and leaving the password blank with no result. It just asks me again.

I seem to remember having a 3.5 floppy that came with it that would let me change that. However, I can't find the floppy anywhere!

Could someone please telll me where or how I could get a copy of that floppy? I have searched the net and this site as far as I can get with no luck. See, I even lost the manual!
2 REPLIES 2
Jong Kim_1
Advisor

I tried looking for CP2E on internet for you but it comes up with home automation stuff. what's the make and model of your router? sounds like car :)

Sometimes, some routers don't have username just password like admin or administrator
Jeff White_4

The only thing that it says is Compaq and CP2E. I can't find anything else anywhere. Thanks for trying.