Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

Jeff White_4
Occasional Visitor

Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

I have the above router that I bought about three years ago. It is not wireless, but a cable router.

Well, after a major problem with my computer and the router being disconnected for a couple of months, iI am trying to open a port on it. My problem is that I keep getting it asking me for my username and password.

Here is where I hit my problem. I have tried admin for the username and leaving the password blank with no result. It just asks me again.

I seem to remember having a 3.5 floppy that came with it that would let me change that. However, I can't find the floppy anywhere!

Could someone please telll me where or how I could get a copy of that floppy? I have searched the net and this site as far as I can get with no luck. See, I even lost the manual!
2 REPLIES
Jong Kim_1
Advisor

Re: Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

I tried looking for CP2E on internet for you but it comes up with home automation stuff. what's the make and model of your router? sounds like car :)

Sometimes, some routers don't have username just password like admin or administrator
Jeff White_4
Occasional Visitor

Re: Lost my software for Connection Point CP2E

The only thing that it says is Compaq and CP2E. I can't find anything else anywhere. Thanks for trying.