1753918 Members
8071 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSM422 and MSM765zl

Aaron Guske
Occasional Contributor

MSM422 and MSM765zl

We are trying to setup several MSM422 APs around our district. I have setup the Colubris dhcp option on all of our dhcp servers and we are able to see the APs and they receive an IP address from the dhcp server where they are located. The issue we are having is that any client that tries to connect to the AP does not receive a dhcp address. We are using VSC bindings and I have bound the egress traffic to the VLAN that the AP switch port is using. I am not sure if that is the proper way and is probably not as it is still not working. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aaron
3 REPLIES 3
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

Re: MSM422 and MSM765zl

The DHCP settings you did, where for the AP.

If you use guest services then the client gets a DHCP from the controller.

In other cases user traffic is distributed. So from the AP directly to a VLAN. In this Vlan you need to have the normal DHCP setup as you have in a wired environement.

So in cases where you use WPA-PSK or 802.1x with WPA2 with no guest access services then the client will connect in a vlan where you have your normal DHCP scoping.

Hopefully this helps.

Tip: disable the normal default Vlan for management and create a separated tagged vlan to the controller for that purpose. (reason avoid mixing guest services with management services)
Aaron Guske
Occasional Contributor

We are not using guest services (yet). We are using WPA-PSK. The VLAN I connect to needs to be defined on the service controller or not? And if it does, is this a VLAN that exists in the wired network or is this only for the wireless communication?

If I do not have any other VLAN defined on the network I am trying to connect to I should be able to get a dhcp address with out any further configuration on the service controller or do I need to add VLAN 1, since that is the default VLAN.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

In that case the factory default configuration and a VSC with the default vlan. Leave the egress checkbox unchecked

If you want to isolate the management traffic from the usertraffic then you should create a separate vlan for it. If you want to follow that scenario, let me know.

Sietze