Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSM710 fast roaming included or do I need a license?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Maxxx
Frequent Advisor

MSM710 fast roaming included or do I need a license?

Hi,

when I buy a MSM710 Mobility Controller, will I be able to use the advanced fast roaming feature or will I have to install an additional license?

As I understand it I'd need this license only if I bought the Access Controller version of the MSM710.. is this correct?

Thank you,

Max
4 REPLIES
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: MSM710 fast roaming included or do I need a license?

To support fast wireless roaming:
1-Disable the Access control option under Global.
2-Install a Mobility or Premium license on the controller.
3-All APs must be on the same layer 2 network.
4-All APs must have VSCs with the same name, SSID, and wireless protection settings.
5-Wireless protection must be WPA, or 802.1X authentication must be enabled.
cenk

Maxxx
Frequent Advisor

Thanks,

But does this apply to the "Mobility Controller" version of the MSM710 as well? I checked the datasheet where it lists "advanced wireless roaming" as "included"
Solution

Mobility Controller is basically an Access Controller but with the extra license. So I think you understood it right.
Maxxx
Frequent Advisor

Thank you!