108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Maybe Web Stacking bug with 2650 full ssl

SOLVED
Go to solution
DonKiShoot
Occasional Advisor

Maybe Web Stacking bug with 2650 full ssl

Is there a bug in web stacking closeup and access when 2650 is in full ssl mode ?
I can't use this good functions since i put this new configuration cmd :

no web-management
web-management ssl
no telnet-server
ip ssh
ip ssh filetransfer

sh ver
Image stamp: /sw/code/build/fish(ts_08_5)
Feb 24 2006 09:50:21
H.08.92
Boot Image: Primary

Stack access with commander web interface on any member goes in timeout.
Stack closeup show members in gray.

help please.
6 REPLIES 6
DonKiShoot
Occasional Advisor

No one could help me ?

May i have same ssl certificat for commander and their members to allow usage of web stacking function (access and closeup) on commander when i use only ssl services on all my switches ?
Kevin Richter_1
Valued Contributor

If other aspects of the web GUI (via SSL) are appearing correctly, this may be more of a Java related issue. While we had all hoped (once upon a time) that Java could be truly "write once, run anywhere," it seems that newer versions of Java compilers don't always work well with Java code written for and working with previous versions. Hence, code for the GUI of the ProCurve switches is either A) not working with the newest version of Java or B) if we update our switch code to run with the newest Java version, someone still running older Java will have difficulty working with our GUI.

The H.08.92 code version you are running on the ProCurve 2650 is most likely to work with Java 1.5.0_X. Try accessing the Stack Access and Stack Closeup from a PC running Java 1.5.0_X in your browser.
Check the cabling. Next, check the cabling again.
DonKiShoot
Occasional Advisor

It's 4 procurve J4899A 2650 with last software
and i use on my navigators Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 (same bug in IE 6 or Firefox 1.5)

It seems to be a bug in java gui ?
How to alert HP dev team for this bug ?

PS : I join a trace of java debug just after a click on "stack closeup".
DonKiShoot
Occasional Advisor

There is no solution ?

It's a bug then it's ok ???

Is there a way to have assistance on this bug ?

:'(
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

I've just tested this and I'm getting the exact same problem:

Stack access with commander web interface on any member goes in timeout.
Stack closeup show members in gray.

If I leave web-management plaintext enable on the members only and disabled on the commander, then it works fine.

There is a note in the SSL chapter that says this: "On ProCurve switches that support stacking, when stacking is
enabled, SSL provides security only between an SSL client and the stack manager. Communications between the stack commander and stack members is not secure."

To me this indicates that you may need to leave web-management plaintext enabled on the members for stacking to work properly.

To add further security you could use authorized IP managers, or the management VLAN function.

I would recommend you call HP support and log a case with them. Have your configurations ready to email through, and make a reference to this post.

Don't forget to assign points to posts that have helped you.
DonKiShoot
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very very much !!! :-))

Now i know what i should do ;-)