Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753758 Members
4751 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mitel VOIP VLAN Solution

Michael Common

Mitel VOIP VLAN Solution

Could someone please help? I am implementing a VOIP solution and the customer wants to piggy back their pcs from the phones. Currently there are two VLANs configured. One for Voice and One for Data. I know you can't have a port with two untagged vlans but i cannot get both PC and Phone to connect to network at same time.
5 REPLIES 5
Gareth Knight
Occasional Advisor

Michael

You will need to run the data VLAN untagged to the phone, and the Voice data as tagged. Also your DHCP scope will need to return the necessary Mitel options within the data VLAN for the phones to boot correctly.

Don't forget to match the Mitel QoS priority on the Voice VLAN!
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

And also don;t forget to match the VoIP Vlan ID on the Switch with the one on the Phones.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
RobB_8
Advisor

For your network ensure all phone/pc ports are tagged voip untagged data and all uplinks are tagged for both.
You may also want to put a statement in the voice vlan similar to "qos dscp 101110" (in this case priority 7)
On DHCP you want to create options 128-133
128 Mitel VOIP:RTC
type IP
IP of phone controller
129 MITEL VOIP:TFTP server
same as above
130 PHONE ID TAG
string
MITEL IP PHONE
131 VOICE QUALITY MONITOR
IP (if used)
132 VLAN (this is critical)
type LONG
vlan # (in windows DHCP this is a HEX value )ie 0x12c for 300
133 PRIORITY
type LONG
priority in hex ie 0x7
Michael Common

Thanks for your replies. I tried all that this weekend but still could not get this working. there were some Netgear POE switches on site which were powering the phone. I think if it was only HP this solution would have worked.
Switches_1
Occasional Advisor

Rob,

How do I enter the options in the dhcp scope, as my scopes options do not have anything between 76 to 200 something.

I would like to enter them but see no way.