Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1745793 Members
3757 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitor ROM Console commands/opions?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jaap Laaij
Frequent Advisor

Monitor ROM Console commands/opions?

Hi all,

Last night I updated a 5406zl by rebooting it from an already uploaded and verified version K15.03. It never came up again.
Connecting to the console the next message appeared:

Select profile (primary): 0x9eeec20 (tBoot): disk cache error: device 9ef0fb0 block 7852 errno c0003, disk write failed, data loss may have occurred.

Same when selecting the secondary.

The only option left was the Monitor ROM Console. I have no experience with this and I can't find any doc so far.
Curious what the options are.

Can anyone help?

Thanx Jaap
3 REPLIES 3
pt307
Advisor
Solution

If you type '?' at the '=>' prompt you'll get a help menu.

Put a copy of the firmware image on a laptop and connect to the switch using TeraTerm via a serial cable then try the following:

=>sp 115200
[Then in TeraTerm go to Setup > Serial port and change your baud rate to 115200]

=>do
[Now go to File > Send File in TeraTerm and locate the firmware image and click Open]

Once its finished downloading (it'll take a while) it'll try writing it to flash memory and you'll need to reboot the switch if it was successful.

If that doesn't work you might want to try replacing the compact flash card in the management module. Should be covered under warranty AFAIK.

Good luck!

Paul
Jaap Laaij
Frequent Advisor

Hi Paul,

We 'll give it a try. :).
Have you got/founf any documentation on the ROM console?

Thanx Jaap
pt307
Advisor

Hi Jaap,

Only the file I've attached which HP Support sent me recently when we were experiencing problems. It's not particularly detailed though.

Paul