Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1747987 Members
4757 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitoring VLAN interfaces with SNMP on a ProCurve 2626-PWR...

Brent Neste
Advisor

Monitoring VLAN interfaces with SNMP on a ProCurve 2626-PWR...

I am using MRTG to map the port traffic on a ProCurve 2626-PWR. I have been trying to get stats for the VLAN subinterfaces on this switch. For now, just ignore MRTG as it isn't the problem.

I have loaded all the of ProCurve MIBs into my walker/browser application (with suprisingly no problems!). But anytime I retrieve the interface table, I only get the 26 ports, loopback, and 1 port for each vlan ID (which doesn't contain any performance data). I am not able to see the subinterfaces.

I performed a walk on the device to try and locate this info, but I don't see it. The OID's that were loaded with the HP-VLAN mib don't return any values.

What's the trick to this? I know on some Cisco equipment you have to query the device using a different SNMP community, i.e. community@vlanid - doesn't work for this switch. There must be a way to retrieve this data.

Thanks!
-Brent
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Telnet into the switch and walk the mib that way. Doing so does not rely on external MIBs to be compiled and used. If you walk it internally and those specific OIDs return no data, it's just not supported on that model.
Dan Micu_1

Hi Brent,

try this (see attachment)
Tronek

Dan Micu - please tell me where get this doc?
in this doc - "The hex value is the tricky bit. I sent out a list of the ports their hex values for a 2524 switch in my last mail. " - where can i get "this last mail" ?? it's very important to me - very thank you for help.