New Discussion юеВ

More than 8 ip addresses per VLAN on 5308xl

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew_291
Frequent Advisor

More than 8 ip addresses per VLAN on 5308xl

Good day All !

I have some problem. There is a Windows 2000 server used like a router . One of its interfaces
have 18 ip addresses .
Some time ago we bought 5308xl (for routing purposes too ) and I decide to repeat that configuration on it.But 8 ip addresses per vlan is a not enough for me.Is there a way for assign
more than 8 ip ? On 93xx series "max_ip_addresses" (or so) is a good decision 8))) but I could not find such key on CLI of 5308

Help me please !
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: More than 8 ip addresses per VLAN on 5308xl

Hi Andrew

If you really want to multinet the same Vlan, then you can configure up to eight IP addresses for the same VLAN, thats MAX.

Since you brought the 5300 for routing, why don't you configure different IP addresses in different Vlans ? maybe i didn't get your scenario, but i'm sure there should be a way to work around using the 5300.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Andrew_291
Frequent Advisor

Good day and thanks for advice !

>Since you brought the 5300 for routing, why >don't you configure different IP addresses in >different Vlans ?

Well,I thought about it, but if I implement such configuration (multiple vlan with one ip on each), I will need to re-configure rest of my active devices (3 of 4104gl , 4 of 8000m, 1 of 2512 and 1 of 2424m)- too many works for really working network isnt it ? 8(((

But thanks anymore. We decide that 5308 will works in switching mode only.
Andrew_291
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for all !