108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Multicast pb

SOLVED
Go to solution
DamianS
Advisor

how come no command for disabling spanning tree per port and what about the commands that you gave me up:
#no spanning tree port list admin-edge-port
#no spanning tree port list auto-edge-port
what does those command stands for? what are their role? wcoz when I ran them both on the desired port, i got in the show run config only auto edge port appeared.

the duplex problem is solved thanks :)
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

the commands mentioned earlier are similar to disabling the spanning tree, for the normal behavior the spanning tree waits 3 secs to listen to BPDU from the ports, by enabling admin edge port the port will go to forward directly instead of waiting 3 secs.

so enable admin edge port on that specific port :)

Sorry i'm trying to give you all the options that can help i don't have a direct solution, i'm trying to fix the symtomps that you are mentioning.
DamianS
Advisor

I really appreciate your help buddy. and your instructions helped me a lot.
Thx for your explanation and your time.
but this problem is causing me lot of pressures.
your help is really needed and appreciated.
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

to save you the time, and since you have tried almost everything i would recommened contacting ProCurve support team, but 1st can you tell me in which country are you in ?
DamianS
Advisor

thx Buddy for everything.
I'll proceed with procurve team.
I'm from Canada
thanks
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

am not sure about either u enabled this command or not but try it also
bpdu-filter
â   [no] spanning-tree [ETHERNET] PORT-LIST bpdu-filter
Stop a specific port or ports from transmitting BPDUs, receiving BPDUs, and assume a
continuous fowarding state.

enable it on the port connected to the DAP,
also can you explain more about the DAP device :D ?
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

BPDU filtering allows control of Spanning Tree participation on a per-port basis. It can be used to exclude specific ports from becoming part of Spanning Tree operations. A port with the BPDU filter enabled will ignore incoming BPDU packets and stay locked in the Spanning Tree forwarding state. All other ports will maintain their role.

This is what you want to do to disable spanning tree on that port :D
sorry i did not notice this command before, so i should thank you for making me know better about this command, hope it helps ;)
DamianS
Advisor

Heyy, Thanks for your useful informations.
DAP is the system of Voice calls using poe access points to transmitt voice traffic using LAN. what is mentioned by the requirements given by NEC are these points of disabling IGMP snooping, and query. disabling spanning tree, assgin 100 full duplex to the ports and enabling multicast.
i've noticed something on the ports activity where DAP are connected is that even disabling spanning tree auto-edge-port, I am still getting in the log file that the port where DAP are connected port is offline, port is blocked by STP the port is online.
shouldn't I stop receiving these 3 messages when disabling spanning tree for a specific port?
the DAP is generating a multicast errors that's why i am liniking the problem to these configuration given by NEC.
Thanks
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Nice system,

then enable BPDU filter on these ports and check, u should not get any blocks on these ports after that.
DamianS
Advisor

thanks again for your time.
you mean that you want me to enable the command:# no spanning-tree 1 bpdu-filter
or: spanning-tree 1 bpdu-filter

Although, this command:
#spanning-tree bpdu-filter admin-edge-port
is not making anything
but the command:
#spanning-tree bpdu-filter auto-edge-port
is appearing in my show run
do u have any explanation for that?

thx