6228 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Multiple SSID on HP 420

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Wishart

Multiple SSID on HP 420

I just bought a 420 and installed it on our Ft Lauderdale office with two SSIDs and users have no trouble connecting to either the primary or secondary. I took another 420 in San Antonio that we already owned and upgraded it to match the firmware of the device in Ft Lauderdale (2.15) and also created two SSIDs with each running to its own VLAN. Each SSID works fine if it is the primary and broadcasting the SSID, but once it is configured as the seconday and not broadcasting, I cannot connect from any Windows client. In fact, the Windows clients I am testing with don't recognize the SSID as active based on the symbol under the configured WLANs window. I have compared the web configs of both units and can't find any differences. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Paul W.
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Multiple SSID on HP 420

Hi

When you have a broadcasted SSID, so its easy to connect to it by displaying the neighbors SSID and then connect.

The secondary SSID won;t be broadcasted so you need to add it manually in the Windows Wireless network profile and select the option to connect to this SSID when its available.

Its better for you to add both SSIDs to the Wireless profile on the client, so when you change one from Primary to secondary it will connect to it.

To test that, on the client remove all related SSIDs from the trusted networks, then add both SSIDs and select auto connect when available, then try to change between the Primary and Secondary SSID.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Paul Wishart

I deleted the SSIDs from one of the wireless clients like you suggested and readded the one SSID that is hidden and now my client is able to connect to the hidden SSID. Thanks for your help.

Paul
Paul Wishart

Used the suggestions from the admin.