108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multiple VLAN question

Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Multiple VLAN question

See attached

Basically, I'm the user
I have an INTEL PRO 1000 card, with 2 VLANs configured - VLAN 1, VLAN 3. They work great.

We added VLAN 3 so we could manage the PIX Firewall without getting dropped connections frmo the 10/half interface at subnet 2

Subnet 2's interface is what our school district uses to access that subnet and that interface is typically full with web traffic

So we, the IT staff, want to setup a VLAN to access SUBNET 2, via SUBNET 3 - an consequently the internet (cloud)

Now, heres the doosy. I got it working, but, all the other networks now, such as "subnet 1" aren't accessed through my subnet 1 NIC, they go thruogh subnet 3, subnet 2, through the 10 half, into subnet 1.

How can I configure the metrics on these interfaces so that they do waht I want?
h
ehehehe thanks...sorry if this is OT...(too far)

;)
6 REPLIES 6
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Bah, helps if i attach it
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Bah, helps if i attach THE RIGHT ONE

dang it this forum needs an "edit" feature
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

can you please provide the network numbers and netmasks for subnets 1-3? that'd give some clarity. :)
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

We're illegal in our private network...but

subnet 1 = 152.157.72.0 255.255.255.0
subnet 2 = 152.157.166.0 255.255.255.0
subnet 3 = 152.157.167.0 255.255.255.0

Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

hi,

for each of those lines in your drawing, can you specify which vlan each line is carrying and if they're tagged or untagged?
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

"Subnet 1" switch (which has both vlans)

Port 22 (my machine)
VLAN 1 tagged
VLAN 3 tagged
Port 16 (uplink)
VLAN 3 Untagged
the rest are subnet 1 untagged

The switch on the other side of the firewall, closest to the firewall, has port 4 tagged to VLAN3, the rest are untagged

That switch does routing between 152.157.167.1 (VLAN3 ) and 152.157.166.4 (default VLAN on that switch)