Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDIS DOS Boot Disk Problems

Brian_329
Advisor

NDIS DOS Boot Disk Problems

Hi All,

I got a HP Evo NC4200 & a NC4210. I downloaded the Dos NDIS driver for Broadcom and configured it accordingly. However, I am getting a "Could Not Find Adapter" error message during boot. Could someone please advise as to why the adapter is not being detected. Thanks.
2 REPLIES
Mugilvannan
Valued Contributor

Re: NDIS DOS Boot Disk Problems

IOAddress: (optional for single adapter systems - except when set to certain addresses noted below) This value must match the adapter's I/O address. If the driver does not find the adapter at the specified I/O address, it will scan most of the I/O addresses that the adapter could be at and will load if it finds the adapter. The only addresses the driver doesn't scan are 2E0, 2F0 or 370. If you have used one of these address, this parameter isn't optional. If you use multiple adapters in one machine, make sure you specify the correct IOADDRESS for each board. Otherwise, the driver will fail when loading on the second card.
If U need a helping hand, U will find one at the end of your arm
Brian_329
Advisor

Re: NDIS DOS Boot Disk Problems

What would I want to set the IOAddress at? I called HP and the person I spoke didn't seem to know what I was referring to. Is there anything else that needs to be specified. I should also correct myself. The NC4210 will boot without the IOAddress specified. It doesn't seem to have a problem. The NC4200 does have a problem and I am still stuck trying to resolve this.