1748068 Members
5468 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need help setting up VLAN for AS 420s and 2824s

Andrew Moore_3
Occasional Advisor

Need help setting up VLAN for AS 420s and 2824s

I have HP Procuve 2824s and 2 AP 420s I need to set up. Ideally I want to set up a VLan to allow guests internet access and another vlan for employees. Any suggestions on how I should go about doing this? Any suggested reading or examples?

I need my Guest VLAN enabled to access port 23 and 24 (to 420s) on switch 2 and port 22 (xover to switch 1). On switch 1 I need port 22 (Xover to switch 2) and port 24 (Internet PIX). I will also need to enable port for the DHCP server and IAS server for Radios authentication.

Thanks.
That shouldn├втВмтДвt be a problem
2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help setting up VLAN for AS 420s and 2824s

I am guessing that there are other devices on the network that need to go out through the PIX as well?

Does the guest VLAN need to be kept completely seperate from the rest of the network? (This is usually the case)

Also, Will the guest VLAN exist on one AP and the employees on the other or will there be a mixture on both?

Where there is a will there is a way...
Andrew Moore_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Need help setting up VLAN for AS 420s and 2824s

Correct, there are other devices that need access to the Pix. My plans are to have 2 vlans.

The first for guests, they need only have access to the pix and access to the DHCP (or if I could have a subnet set up that would be better yet or have the AP grant IPs but it does not appear to have that capability).

The second would be for employees and would need access to the entire network, so I could just use the default VLAN that exists on the 2824s by default. I set up WPA(TKIP-AES-802.1X) for this access. (Setting this one up now.)

Any suggestions?
That shouldn├втВмтДвt be a problem