5733 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Slowdown

Raducanu Robert
Occasional Contributor

Network Slowdown

I have a HP ProCurve 2810 24.
To this is connected our fileserver and other servers, also 4 100MBit switches without management; these 4 switches hold the clients that access the server. Every switch has only an uplink to the ProCurve(so it's a star topology). What happened is that before having the 2810 witch, there were only the 4 100Mbit switches without management and this 4 switches were cascaded; the clients were linked the 4 switches and the servers were linked to one of the 100MBit switches.
Since I modified the configuration from 100MBit cascaded switches to the configuration with the HP2810 the network speed on the clients dramatically decreased(access time to file server, application servers etc).
Instead of beeing an upgrade this simply degraded my network performance.
The 2810 has no special settings, no vlan, no trunking, no spanning tree, only some basic settings as management ip, ssh , sntp server and so on.
Do you have any idea about what is happening?
Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Raducanu Robert
Occasional Contributor

In my case the problem seemd to be the incapacity of the 100 MBit switches to be really 100FDX. The 2810 was on auto-negociation on the ports that connected the older 100MBit switches and negociated 100FDX. After setting up a wireshark and getting a lot of TCP Dump Ack and TCP Previous segment lost I figured this out.
Judit Grau

I met a Robert Raducanu long ago in Bucuresti, could it be you?..My name is Judit and visited Bucuresti in 1999.
Sorry I could not help in the IT issue.