Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Lan Layout

rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

New Lan Layout

Hi can you please help me out here.

I am trying to work out the best solution for our company prior to ordering the equipment so I don’t buy the wrong stuff.

We currently have 2 Procurve 4000's and 1 2824, the 4000's are to be replaced; the 2824 is only new and currently our Server Backbone.

We need to achieve total of 160 1gb Ports including our existing 2824, this includes future expansion.

The Switch's must be a small as we are a little restricted when it comes to space.

We would like to achieve the best solution taking into consideration Fall back links, speed, and redundancy.

We have looked into this and think that 3 x HP 2848's will do our job, is this what HP/you would suggest for us?

Can you please draw me a diagram explaining the best way to connect all these switches up, I've looked very briefly into this however am getting a little confused with respect to Spanning / costs and priorities.

And also is there anthing else we shoud be looking at / doing.

Our network is extremely simple, no VPN’s, no remote sites etc, just 9 HP Proliant DL 380g4 servers, and these all have dual 1 gb ports each, we have bough the “HP Proliant Essentials Intelligent Networking Pack” for each server however not enabled/configured them.

And 90 HP MT 5100 PC’s all to have 1gb networking cards.

Hope this is enough information.

Thanks for your time and effort.

2 REPLIES
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Lan Layout

Go to the "ProCurve Networking Design Center" http://www.hp.com/rnd/design_center/index.htm Push the yellow banner on the right, fill in the form with the same information and you will get assured help.
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: New Lan Layout

done, thanks for that, never new it existed